Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Fear of Boredom (Dump from the Past)

Set the stage for apocalypse
Bring about the end of this
Endless onslaught of vengeance
Taking stock of our sins
Losing redemption
In this blood-red aggression
A steady regression
To the baser instincts of men
You find it offensive
But I find it reflexive
And I find it relieving
To continue berating
Continue releasing
This barrage of intensity
I empty my lungs
To slowly deconstruct
Your weakling persona
Such easy prey
So easily, I destroy the things that matter to me
Call it a hobby, a talent of mine
Take it all in stride
I point out all the flaws I find
until the anger subsides
And all plans go awry
Rightly by my side
Is pain, misery, and strife
Keeping me company, because I find things quite boring when things are precisely how everybody, including me, wanted it all to be
And I find it disturbing, slightly unnerving to have those close to me entwined in these intricacies of pure insanity, all consuming
Take me by the hand
Stand strong against the wind
My anger slips again
Taken out ruthlessly on my only friends
Made my own bed, now I'll lie here and infect
With fury so bad, it's been taken out of hand
Take it back, but I can't cause my way back can't be had
Cause I lost the ones I love
Tossed them to the wolves
Barking and licking at my heels
Had to please the demons to feel
A bit of respite from this burning hell
Kill to survive just another second of time
Tear apart these friends of mine
To seclude myself deep, deep inside
Down within the dark recesses of a violent mind
No light at the end of the tunnel for me to find
Only trains running me down, never ending my life
So I break down, only to find I've been "fixed" again
Fear and insanity stick around as my only friends
The same God damned problems rear their ugly head
And the same God damned cycle begins again

No comments: